Currently, one of the dominant and successful methodologies in Software Project Manage is Evolutionary delivery, called “EVO method”. The way that we organize to develop these Software Projects has the following specifications:
- Many Evolutionary cycles (EVO cycle) but short cycle time.
- Each cycle is a process following Waterfall Model including: requirements, architecture, design, realization, test, delivery. And the end of cycle is transferred a product that has usable function for user who give to real client and wait for responses.
EVO circle workflow
- Criteria function selection should be performed in a cycle based on following criteria:
- The most important requirements will be implemented first.
- High risk will be implemented first.
- The training function or assistance for development will be implemented first
- The synchronization function with external system will be implemented first.
The result of EVO method is an identical control during project development time, faster resulting, better quality, less stress for developers and bringing to customer more satisfaction.
The most important point at the early stage of a project and the end of cycle, SweetSoft must have one usable product, 100% active product. Obviously, not all 100% of requirements must have. This helps customers getting direction and vision when using the product:
- Usually Waterfall method or also called “Monolithic Transfer method”, the product may be 80% complement at the delivery time as contracting. In this case, customers could wait until product is completed.
- With EVO method, at the time to delivery, product could get only 80% product quality. However, SweetSoft will provide to customer a product that can run 80% of all functions. Please note that not all requirements are of equal importance. Customers finally have their choice: using product at 80% of complement functions or customers could make decision that using product with less functional at the first stage of project.
- So that with Waterfall method, customers have no choice and could be delay for using product. In other hand, with EVO method, customers have many choices to use the product at whenever they want to, because at each cycle of project, SweetSoft always provide the particular features running on that time.